Infrastructure Engineer - AWS Operations Posted On: 12/04/2017
Location: Memphis, TN, 38116
Duration: 6-12 months maybe longer - Contract
Note: US Citizens / Green Card Holders / H1-B Visa / TN Visa / Graduated Students with OPT (STEM) or others with valid work permits are encouraged to apply.
Provide leadership in defining and implementing the AWS Cloud operations for Cloud applications. Map customers’ existing Infrastructure operations process into AWS cloud, this includes Provisioning, Monitoring , ticket management, chargeback , metering and all other operational aspects in AWS Cloud. Would lead and coach operational team in defining the AWS provisioning automation using AWS Cloud Formation or other automation tools.
Requirements & Skills:
- Overall 10 -15yrs. experience in Infrastructure operations
- 5yrs of experience in AWS provisioning. Good understanding in deploying, automating and using Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, including AWS Command Line Interface (AWSCLI), AWS SDKs, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Cloud Formation, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), or Cloud Watch
- 3 yrs. Extensive experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using AWS CloudFormation templates.
- 3 yrs. Experience in using AWS cloud monitoring tools AWS CloudWatch, CloudTrail and integration to IT service management tools like Service Now
- Well versed with scripting language like Python , Shell scripts , CLI etc.
- Experience in AWS network topology like VPC, NSG , Route tables, Subnets, AWS regions and availability zones, network connectivity AWS VPN, AWS Direct Connect .
- Good understanding on AWS auto scaling policies and applying to AWS EC2 instances.
- Creating infrastructure documents on AWS
- Provide engineering oversight on projects and initiatives.
- Assist in troubleshooting and issues resolution as needed.
- Provide guidance and recommendation to other engineers as needed.
- Experience with Cloud services such as Azure, AWS.
- Recommend process and operational improvements as identified.
- Strong knowledge and experience in on premise and cloud storage technologies, system administration, configuration, performance optimization, monitoring and capacity planning disciplines.
- Participate in change management meetings.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Master / Bachelors / GEDs / HS Diploma
- Experience working in a global team environment
Quick Interviews for qualified candidates. Email your resumes ASAP.